New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has attached two immovable properties belonging to an aide of Pakistan-based fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim in connection with the 2015 double murder case in Gujarat’s Bharuch, officials said on Friday.
The properties of the arrested accused, Mohammad Yunus alias Manjro, have been attached under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act on the orders of the NIA special court, Ahmedabad, in the case, they said.
“The attached properties include his residential house in ward no 3, city survey no 3614, Bharuch City (Total area: 143.96 sq. mt.) and ward no 3, city survey no 3615, Bharuch City (Total area: 29.59 sq. ft.),” said a statement issued by the probe agency.
Yunus Manjro is currently under arrest for his alleged role in the criminal conspiracy and murder of two BJP workers — Shirish Bengali and Pragnesh Mistry — who were killed in November 2015, as per the PTI.
“These attachments by the NIA are a very important step towards dismantling the terror ecosystem of the D-company gang operating from Pakistan,” the probe agency said, reported the PTI.
Meanwhile, the NIA has chargesheeted three Hizb ut-Tahrir (HuT) terror operatives for involvement in a conspiracy to propagate the banned terrorist outfit’s ideology, and raise funds from foreign and other sources for promoting its activities, an official statement issued on Friday said, according to the PTI.
Kabeer Ahmed Aliyar alias Kabeer Ahmed, Aziz Ahamed alias Aziz Ahmed alias Jaleel Aziz Ahmed, and Bava Bahrudeen alias Mannai Bava have been named in the chargesheet filed under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, in the case, it said, as per the PTI.
“The accused had entered into a criminal conspiracy with HuT office bearers to establish an Islamic Caliphate in India by seeking military assistance from forces inimical to India, and enforce the constitution written by HuT’s founder, Taqi al-Din al-Nabhani,” said the statement issued by the probe agency, the news agency reported on Friday.
Investigations revealed the trio had also planned to secure support from the Pakistan Army through “Haj and Umrah travellers”, it said.
“The accused were engaged in recruiting vulnerable youth to the secret bayan classes of HuT and were radicalised into the ideology of HuT, which was banned, along with all its manifestations and front organisations, by the government of India in October last year,” the NIA said.