I received a hurtful message from an old friend and colleague. He was on my daily broadcast list of WhatsApp. He requested that I do not send him any of my posts on ‘political’ issues. I gave him a long explanation on why I write and what I write. But he was not convinced.
Being alerted by him thus, I felt I should clarify to all who read my posts on what exactly I think and do.
The charge against me is that I wrongly support our current Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, and that it establishes I am not rational and impartial anymore. Let me try and explain. First and foremost, I do not write on ‘political’ issues. I write on ‘national’ issues. For example, I have no opinion on whether Rahul Gandhi should be President of his party or not. Similarly, I have no views whether BJP is a better party than Congress, or vice-versa.
Even after 36 years in the IAS, I have no MLA, MP or anyone involved in politics that I can classify as my friend or even acquaintance. So, naturally I don’t care which party wins or loses as long as the winning party runs an honest government doing good to my nation.
Now, why I speak in favour of Shri Modi:
- Ever since the beginning of my service, I realised that Planning Commission was not serving any useful purpose. I wanted it abolished. PM Modi did it.
- I always felt that our tax structure is outdated. When I was posted as Commissioner, Commercial Tax in Bihar I understood the need for this even more. I tried my own for some rationalisation. But that was just local tinkering. I was happy when VAT came. But GST was the best thing that could happen. So, I was happy.
- I could never digest from my childhood Nehru’s decision to give a special status to J&K. Then, as I grew up, I heard the stories of corruption, the pogrom against Kashmiri Brahmins by these netas in J&K. Crores of rupees were being drained in J&K for nothing. So when PM removed this special status and our MEA did an outstanding job in shutting up Pakistan and China on this issue, I was very very happy. बन्दे मे है दम, I realised.
- I used to get extremely angry every time Pakistan sent terrorists and killed our jawans. This PM taught those bastards a lesson by Uri and Balakot mission and continued to kill these rats emerging from tunnels in Kashmir.
- My family had suffered mentally, physically, psychologically, financially due to the partition of Bengal and subsequent ill treatment in East Pakistan. Those non-Muslims left behind in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, parts of ‘real’ India, had and are continuing to have, a miserable time on a daily basis. PM Modi brought CAA and gave them the loving assurance that India will take them back in the family. At last one man, Shri Narendra Modi, understood our pain and suffering.
- My constant worry was the weaknesses of our armed forces due to successive governments dilly-dallying in upgrading our defence technology, equipment, armaments. PM Modi put that on a fast track. Not only that, he focused on developing infrastructure – roads, bridges, tunnels- in our border areas. I feel safe now. Earlier I was not.
- Amarjit, my friend, told me the tremendous amount of rural development work that has been done by PM Modi. Amarjit should know because he was the Secretary, Rural Development and now Advisor in the PMO.
- I always felt that it is a shame that in certain parts of the country women have to walk miles to get water. The Water mission has been introduced to address this issue and results are showing.
- Most news channels and news papers carry on a constant diatribe against Shri Modi. He does not react. He showed extreme tolerance when for months together protestors blocked roads in Shaheenbagh. Similar patience is being shown in the ongoing farmers’ agitation. That shows his democratic spirit.
- The officers he has chosen to assist him, Dr PK Mishra, Bhaskar Khulbe, PK Sinha, Amarjit Sinha in PMO, Rajiv Guaba as Cabinet Secretary, Bharat Lal for his Water Mission, Shakti Kant Das as Governor, RBI, and various other officers in key positions are known for their integrity, brilliance and delivering capacity. It can’t get better than this.
- He has chosen outstanding ex-civil servants as Ministers in his cabinet. My friend RK Singh is in independent charge of Power and MNRE. His contribution is visible to all. V Jaishankar, a brilliant career diplomat is Foreign minister. Another career diplomat has been made Civil Aviation minister. So, he is drawing the best talents to run government.
- PM Modi avenged our humiliation of 1962 by giving a sound thrashing to the Chinese soldiers at Galwan. Chinese soldiers are now shit scared to face the Indian army. Further proof of their humiliation came yesterday when Xi changed his army general which was obviously because the previous one got Xi and China humiliated by getting thrashed by our brave soldiers.
- Shri Modi’s slogan “न खाऊंगा न खाने दूँगा” is reality now. We civil servants have waited decades after Shashtri ji left us in 1965, to have an honest PM. We have him now.
Now tell me if whatever I have ever dreamt for my nation is being done by this PM what is my fault if I like and support him? For the last 20 years we have been eating imported pulses. Which Modiji cut two years ago and now has stopped completely due to Corona. That is why it is now Rudali, agriculture movement is an excuse. In 2005, the Manmohan government stopped subsidizing pulses in India according to a secret treaty. Only two years later, a new government treaty was formed in which India would import pulses from Canada, Australia and the Netherlands.
In 2005, Canada opened a large lentil-growing farm in which most of the Punjabi Sikhs were kept. Their organizations were first able to be Gurudwaras and then Khalistanis as managers. So, in 2007, there was so much production of pulses in Canada which was called Yellow Revolution. Because, their customers were agents of the mandis of India. Some of whom are Congress Punjabi families, Maharaja Patiala family and Badal family.
Today, the Modi agricultural policy has surgically blocked the income of all these brokers. Now, if India is no longer their market, then the amount of money that Canada and other countries have put on these farms (in their countries) it is not only wasted but unemployment and such a huge market of India went out of their hands. The Congress is the biggest broker in this entire scam.
As we have seen, CWC VP and CCP VP sign a deal in China for setting up trade, manufacturing in China. At the cost of Indian economy, labour, employment, business, just to share riches with its chamchas. Gave crumbs to the poor through NAREGA. Modiji is exposing one of their scams.
They are closing every door to their income. Hi Toba, that’s about it. That is why even Canada debates in its bill in Parliament and is threatening BJP to send its Khalistani villagers there to India. Khalistani is the creation of Congress and the favorite of Pakistan. The Home Minister also does not want to raise them because the Congress and others have not been fully exposed yet. I love India. (The author is an IAS officer of 1976 batch)